Stuffed Quinoa Green Peppers
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chilies
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chilies, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder.
- Spoon the filling each bell pepper cavity. Place on 9×13 baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Top with salsa and light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt if desired.