Summer Kale Salad with Blueberry/Balsamic Vinaigrette
Ingredients for the salad:
- 2 bunches kale
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked and kernels cut from cob
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
Ingredients for the vinaigrette:
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For the Vinaigrette: add all ingredients except olive oil to a food processor or blender then pulse to roughly chop blueberries. Turn processor on then slowly stream in oil.
- Tear kale leaves from stems, cut or tear into bite sized pieces, wash, and spin or pat dry.
- In a large bowl top kale with corn, blueberries, tomatoes, and almonds.
- Plate one cup of salad mixture and top with 2 tbsp of vinaigrette.
9.5g Healthy Fat
2g Saturated Fat
56 mg Sodium
31 g Carbs
5 g Protein