Fish Tacos Recipe
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and seeded (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp and 2 tsp lime juice (separated)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 pound fish fillets (mahi-mahi, tuna, or salmon) rinsed and patted dry, cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 8 to 6-inch corn tortillas (also can use whole wheat tortillas)
- In a medium glass bowl, stir together tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and 2 tsp lime juice.
- In another glass bowl, stir together 1 tbsp lime juice, orange zest, and oil. Add the fish, gently turning to coat. Refrigerate for 10-30 minutes.
- In a large non-stick skillet cook the fish with the marinade over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas.
- Spoon the fish down into each tortilla. Add pico de gallo over the fish. Serve.
Nutrition Information – 2 Tacos
- 192 calories
- 3g Fat (0.5g saturated fat)
- 83 mg of cholesterol
- 148 mg sodium
- 18g carbohydrate
- 4g dietary fiber
- 23g protein