Focusing on your mental health is important for all ages. Your needs may vary depending on the stage of life you’re in. As we come to the end of Mental Health Awareness Month, our QMG Behavioral Health team shares some tips for older adults.
- Learn to cope with change.
- Keep your brain active and sharp.
- Consider getting a pet
- Keep moving.
- Get healthy sleep.
- Try new hobbies.
- Make and maintain personal connections.
- Be involved in your community.
- Having a purpose helps people to make meaning of their lives and is important for older adults – find meaning and joy.
- Take steps to ensure you feel both safe and secure.
To learn more about our QMG Behavioral Health team and services, visit https://quincymedgroup.com/medical-services/behavioral-health/.