- Plastic Containers
- Food Coloring
- Eyedropper, squeeze bottle or meat baster
- Ocean Sea Creatures or Coral Reef Sea
- **You can use any trinkets or theme you want if you don’t have anything ocean-themed.**
- Add your ocean theme items to the bottom of your container. You will want to decide on how many layers you want to create based on the items you choose.
- Cover with a layer of colored water. You can stick with the same colored water for each layer or play around with different shades of blues and greens. Put the container in the freezer.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 for each container you want to make up.
- Once your icy ocean is frozen, remove the frozen block from the container and place it in a large container. This helps control the mess and turns it into a water sensory bin.
- Set out a bowl of warm water and a choice of “tools” for melting the ice. Meat baster, eyedropper, squeeze bottle, or even a squirt gun!
- Once your icy ocean bricks are fully melted, you will have an ocean sensory bin. Enjoy exploring! If you have scoops, pails, strainer, or ice cube trays, you can add these for fun!