The Quincy Medical Group Orthopedics & Sports Medicine team offers specialized, quality care right here in Quincy. From our fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine physicians to our experienced nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical therapists, and nurses, we all strive toward the same goal of returning you to work and play.
Orthopedics & sports medicine doctors and advanced practice providers treat a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions. By working as a team, we offer comprehensive care, including minimally invasive surgery, steroid injections, bracing and casting, and more.
Orthopedic surgeons and advanced practice providers specialize in problems with bones, muscles and joints. In addition to broken bones, we commonly treat conditions such as:
- Overuse injuries, like tennis elbow, are caused by repetitive motions that can damage muscles and tendons.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when a nerve in your wrist is pinched, causing numbness and tingling in your hands.
- Osteoporosis is loss of bone density as you age, putting you at risk for fractures.
- Arthritis is inflammation in your joints that can cause pain and make it hard to use that joint.
At Quincy Medical Group, our expert orthopedic providers offer comprehensive surgical and nonsurgical care, including:
- Total joint surgery to replace painful, arthritic joints in the hips, knees or shoulders
- Arthroscopic surgery, a minimally invasive technique to repair tendons, bone spurs and other problems through small incisions
- Orthopedic trauma care for complex broken bones and injuries
We provide advanced, personalized care right here in our community. We design treatment around your goals, whether that’s returning to work or playing with your grandchildren. You can rely on our years of experience to relieve your pain and improve your quality of life.
QMG’s sports medicine specialists care for athletes — from recreational league players to high school stars and dancers — as well as people who suffer injuries at work. Our fellowship-trained doctors and surgeons design your treatment based on your needs so you can get back to work or play as quickly as possible.
Sports medicine specialists commonly treat problems with tendons, ligaments, and muscles, including:
- Overuse injuries, which are caused by repetitive stress, such as tennis elbow, shoulder injuries and runner’s knee
- Sprains, strains, and fractures that occur during workouts or gameplay
- Work injuries of all types from back pain to joint pain, broken bones or sprained muscles
We strive to help you avoid surgery whenever possible and participate in a safe, speedy recovery. Our comprehensive treatment includes:
- Arthroscopic surgery, including minimally invasive techniques to repair torn tendons and ligaments
- Concussion Clinic to ensure it’s safe for you to return to play
- Sports Injury Clinic to quickly assess and treat injuries that take you out of the game
- Personalized braces and casts that help you stay active while protecting injuries
When you do need surgery, our sports medicine team work closely with orthopedic & sports medicine surgeons to get your surgery scheduled quickly and plan your recovery.