Our lactation specialists are here to help you breastfeed your baby. We know breastfeeding plays a crucial role in the health, growth, and development of babies and has benefits for mothers too. Sometimes new moms need help and that is OK. We are here to offer guidance and support before and after your delivery.
Our lactation team is highly trained and dedicated to helping you meet your breastfeeding goals.
They can assist with:
- Maternal pre- & post- nutritional counseling
- Guidance on optimal positioning & latch
- Slow or poor infant weight gain
- Increasing milk supply
- Assessment of tongue/lip tie
- Transitioning baby to bottle
- Pumping & preparing to return to work
If you have questions or concerns about your breastfeeding experience, speak to your or your child’s care provider or call (217) 222-6550 ex. 3418. You can also find more breastfeeding resources here.