Information Every Woman Should Know
An Annual Women’s Health Assessment, also known as a well-woman exam, serves to update you and your doctor on your health status and should include all aspects of preventative care.
Services performed will depend on your age and medical history. In general, we at Quincy Medical Group recommend the following:
- Review of medical history and update on the current medical problem.
- Routine physical exam and Pap smear.
- Discussion of healthy lifestyle issues.
- Mammogram if over age 40.
- Cholesterol once every 5 years.
- Stool sample for occult blood yearly after age 40 as colon cancer screen.
- Other tests may be indicated in women with certain medical problems or risk factors.
To contact one of the Obstetricians or Gynecologists at our Women’s Health Center, call 217-222-6550 ext. 3437