Quincy Medical Group’s Clinical Research team is dedicated to bringing state-of-the-art technology and leading-edge medical treatments to our patients. By participating in clinical research, patients in the tri-state area have access to the newest drug therapies without having to travel far from home. Quincy Medical Group Cancer Institute offers access to the latest clinical trials, which are a key tool in advancing medical knowledge and improving patient outcomes.
- We accept outside referrals into all clinical trials.
- We have trained and experienced clinical investigators, dedicated CCRP-certified clinical research coordinators and support staff devoted to managing clinical research activities.
- We routinely review and monitor our patients to assist in identifying potential clinical trials. If you become a candidate for a clinical trial, your doctor will meet with you and further discuss this option.
- We offer a variety of clinical trials, including the following types of studies: prevention, screening, diagnostic, treatment, behavioral, and quality of life.
- We have experience in the various Phases of clinical trials, including Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (post-market safety surveillance).
To gain FDA approval and for the product to become standard treatment, it must complete 3 of the clinical trial phases.
- Phase 1 (15-30 people) – is utilized to find a safe dose of treatment, decide upon the route of administration, and understand how the treatment affects the body.
- Phase 2 (< 100 people) – determines efficacy of the treatment and further describes how it affects the body.
- Phase 3 (> 100 people) – compares the standard of care treatment and the new treatment to determine superiority.
- Phase 4 (hundreds – thousands) – is usually a post-market approval study to assess long term safety and efficacy data.
In an effort to bring clinical trials closer to home, the Quincy Medical Group Clinical Research department is dedicated to serving the unmet needs of our patients. Clinical trials, with promising new therapies, utilize the best science to improve outcomes, discover prevention strategies, and minimize or better manage side effects of cancer and cancer treatments.