In the Cardiac Rehabilitation department, you will find a high level of preventive, acute, and rehabilitative health care for your community and the surrounding area. The following programs include cardiovascular conditioning, education and training in the identification and reduction of certain risk factors which can predispose one to heart, lung, and other diseases.
Other objectives may include:
- Detection and control of irregular heart beats
- Detection and control of post hospital (late) complications
- Adjustment of your medication(s) to the optimum effectiveness
- Lowering your cholesterol level
- Management of weight loss
- Education for you and your family regarding the nature of disease and contributing risk factors
- Instructions towards a prudent lifestyle
Each program must be ordered by your physician.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Center is located at on the Lower Level at 1118 Hampshire Street, for more information please call 217-222-6550 x 3220.