Who Qualifies for a Moment?
- Any patient in the Quincy Medical Group’s geographic service area (75-mile radius around Quincy, IL).
- Patients diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Patients receiving memory care with a diagnosis such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- Patients with a health diagnosis that impacts their day-to-day life.
- Patients must be under supervision of a health care provider or an examination may be required.
- Patients must not have received a wish fulfillment from any other organization.
What Qualifies as a Moment?
We only ask that the request be truly what the nominee desires. Our team spends time with the nominee and their family to learn about them and their hope for their experience. We understand that those we honor are facing terminal illnesses and time is precious. With that understanding, we can work with the nominee and family to coordinate moments within a short timeframe and while the patient is undergoing care with their health team. The Moments That Matter team, thanks to the support of our generous donors, has everything covered — fully coordinating and funding an entire experience.
What are Bravery Bags?
Children and young teens face some very tough situations when they have a parent diagnosed with a serious illness. The recipients of these bags are children between the ages of 3 and 18 who need bravery and courage during their loved ones diagnosis. This special bravery bag includes a blanket, journal, and stress dough.. A small gift to bring a smile and help find a sense of comfort. Coordinated with pediatrics, behavioral health, nursing, and oncology departments. Can also be nominated by parent or loved one with health information release.