Quincy Medical Group is committed to high quality, compassionate care for all patients. Our goal is to provide comfort, convenience, and satisfaction as well as the very best medical care to all our patients. We want to meet or exceed your expectations in every way.
Our Healthcare Partnership With You
As a valued patient of Quincy Medical Group, you have the right to:
- Obtain prompt assistance if you have concerns regarding your care or service.
- Count on absolute confidentiality about your healthcare, whether you contact us in person, by phone or in writing.
- Receive guidance and assistance in selecting healthcare providers and services to meet your needs and preferences.
- Address your concerns with your healthcare provider about any testing or treatment.
- Receive as much information as you may need in order to give or refuse consent of a planned procedure or treatment.
- Ask for a second opinion about any treatment. If your insurance does not cover second opinions, you may be responsible for payment.
- Ask us to furnish all relevant information and to expedite referrals, should you be referred to another provider.
- Receive prompt assistance in matters concerning your financial responsibility to Quincy Medical Group.
- Ask questions, make suggestions, or voice concerns about service, or quality of care by contacting the Quality Management (217-222-6550, ext. 6756) or Patient Services (217-277-4077) Departments.
As a valued patient of Quincy Medical Group, we ask that you:
- Provide full information about your illness or problem to allow proper evaluation and treatment.
- Show courtesy and respect to QMG staff.
- Please cancel or re-schedule appointments as far in advance as possible so that the time may be given to someone else.
- Communicate with your healthcare provider if your condition worsens or does not follow the expected course.
- Participate actively in decisions about your care and treatment.
- Respect other patient’s privacy.
- Provide accurate and complete information about your family’s health insurance plan.
- Pay your bills in a timely manner.
- Assist QMG in maintaining a smoke-free campus.
Choosing A Primary Care Provider
Some insurance plans require you to choose a primary care provider such as an Internist, Pediatrician, Family Physician, Obstetrician or Gynecologist. The Primary Care Access Line, (217) 222-6550, ext. 3325, will provide you with information to help you choose a provider. You may also view primary care providers accepting new patients by clicking here.
We make every effort to accommodate your needs when scheduling your appointment. If during your visit, your healthcare provider determines that more time is needed, or other services are required, we may request that you return at a later time. This will not only ensure that appropriate attention is given to your health care needs, but it will also allow other patients to be seen on schedule.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early if you have had a change of name, address, phone or insurance, or if it is your first visit.
- If you cannot keep your appointment or if you will arrive late, please call us immediately.
- Please present your insurance card at each visit. It is the patient’s responsibility to understand their insurance coverage.
- Co-payments are due at the time of service. Non-urgent appointments may need to be rescheduled if co-payment is not made.
Referrals To Medical Specialists
If you wish to see a Medical Specialist, your plan may first require a referral from a primary care provider. Our medical staff will work with you and your provider to ensure your special needs are met.
Manage your health online, anytime.
- Communicate with your doctor
- Request prescription refills
- Access your test results
- Manage your appointments
- Learn more or login here.
Phone Calls/Medication Refills
Urgent phone calls will be returned within 24 hours. If you have an urgent need for your healthcare provider after business hours, please call the physician exchange at 217-222-2088. For medication refills, please call your pharmacy directly. The pharmacy will contact our staff to ensure correct dispensing of medication. Allow two business days for refills to be completed.