Delicious Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CRANBERRIES, APPLES AND ONIONS
YIELD: Serves 6 as a side dish
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tart apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread chopped butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, apple and onion on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, brown sugar and curry powder. Drizzle over vegetable mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Roast for 45 minutes, gently stirring halfway through cooking time. Continue to roast until vegetables are tender and nicely browned.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 180, Total Fat: 5g, Total Carb: 35g, Dietary Fiber: 10g, Protein: 4g
Categories: NutritionHealthy Living