Try this Healthy and Hearty Fall Chili Recipe!
This Recipe Serves 8
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1, 16-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2, 14.5-ounce cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes in juice
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and carrots and sauté 5 minutes. Add green pepper and zucchini and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add chili powder and all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30-35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories 179
- Carbohydrate 33 g
- Protein 9 g
- Fat 3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10 g
Categories: NutritionHealthy Living In The Kitchen